Grand Rapids & Kalamazoo
The individual, under limited supervision, acts as the on-site project engineer to execute, and complete HVAC projects. Performs or delegates tasks as required to execute and complete assigned projects including: hardware design, installation coordination, system programming, commissioning, and project closeout. Coordinates communication with the project manager and customer during all phases of the project. Provides work direction to subcontractors, electrical installers, building control specialists, and administration as necessary. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements, company installation standards and operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Adheres and ensures ControlNET staff and subcontractors comply with all safety standards.
- BA, BS Technical Degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- Four years of experience in instrumentation and controls installation, programming and repairing control systems or equivalent
- Microsoft Office application skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Completes hardware design and software programming utilizing standards as required. Communicates detailed information regarding the design and operation to customers, ControlNET staff and subcontractors.
- Coordinates material ordering and delivery with project manager and subcontractors.
- Understand the contractual scope of work. Evaluate the cost impact of project changes.
- Assist project manager in securing pricing and availability from suppliers as necessary.
- Provide job site installation coordination for field installed control devices. Ensures that installation meets ControlNET installation standards and project requirements.
- Manage and complete programming and downloading system controllers.
- Performs commissioning of all system controllers as required. Ensures system functionality when compared to project documents and expectations.
- Revise project documents for accurate as-built and commissioning documentation.
- Provides coaching, mentoring and technical assistance to Control Systems Specialists and electrical installers. Ensure that delegated tasks are performed accurately in a timely manner.
- Attend project meetings as required.
- Effectively communicate project details to project manager as required.
- Performs training for owners and operators. Develops site-specific training that ensures the owner/operator has been trained. Provides proper documentation and manuals for system operation.
- Establish and cultivate long-term relationships with customers, contractors, consultants and subcontractors.