Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo & Swartz Creek
We are seeking a full-time Building Automation Controls Technician to work with an established award-winning building automation company recognized as the leader in integrating “intelligent building” solutions. Clients range in size and industry including multiple Fortune 500 companies throughout Michigan. This position also includes an opportunity to professionally grow your career as promoting from within is a philosophy throughout our company. Our team works collaboratively to provide the most advanced products and technology to support the needs of our customers. Team members are valued, respected for their experience and expertise, and are continually learning and growing together. We believe in synergy where we can accomplish more if we all work together. Visit our website at www.control-net.com for more information.
Education / Experience / Skill Requirements
- Technical two-year degree and three-years of experience is preferred
- Experience with Tridium’s Niagara Framework, N4 or AX certification is a plus
- Accomplished computer skills including Microsoft Office required
- Experience troubleshooting low-voltage electrical systems required
- Understanding of common HVAC systems and sequences required
- Experience with card access systems a plus
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical people
- Valid driver’s license
Overview of Job Responsibilities
- Perform all assigned preventative maintenance, repair, emergency and after hours service calls while managing expected completion dates effectively.
- Maintain and promote positive customer relationships by proactively understanding their needs and recommending solutions to meet them.
- Submit all company and client required documentation in a timely manner.
- Grow your technical ability with continued classes and self-guided study of technical documentation.
- Effectively communicate and cooperate with fellow team members to enhance information exchange, learning, and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure ControlNET standard practices are utilized when re-programming controllers or modifying existing graphics.
- Troubleshoot and fix electromechanical controls as required with technical expertise.
- Help our clients better understand their building automation control system and promote ControlNET’s abilities with continued customer training.
- Schedule assigned tasks with customers using time management skills and limited field supervision.
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Voluntary life, vision, accident critical illness insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- 401(K) retirement account with company match
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Company Vehicle