Grand Rapids & Kalamazoo
ControlNET is a growing building automation company looking for a motivated hard-working electrician with 3+ years of commercial / industrial experience. As an installer, you will be learning how to install and work on building automation systems, while working towards your State of Michigan Electrical Journeyman license. We also offer other great opportunities to grow your career. Daily tasks include reading blue prints, reading wiring diagrams, installing all types of electrical raceways, pulling cable, building and terminating control panels, installing and wiring VFDs, sensors, actuators, cameras and controllers related to HVAC and security systems.
- 3+ years of electrical experience.
- Knowledge of current NEC.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Driver’s license.
- Ability to
- Read and understand blueprints.
- Read and understand wiring diagrams.
- Trouble shoot and diagnose electrical circuits.
- Use electrical meter, hand tools, and power tools.
- Bend and install EMT, IMC, and rigid.
- Carry and use ladders safely.
- Pull Wire.
- Work with other trades.
- Work alone and with other employees.
- Install with a high quality in workmanship.
- Understanding of HVAC and security systems.
- Experience with LON, BACnet, and Modbus protocols.
- Experience with installing specialty flow, pressure, and monitoring sensors.
- Experience with installing cameras and door hardware associated with security systems.
- Ability to read and understand IO point lists, and flow diagrams.
- Understanding of Analog and digital inputs and outputs.
- Experience in building panels.